miércoles, 27 de febrero de 2013

SO RON AND HERMIONE WED... BUT THERE IS DRACO!

As a matter of fact, good girls tend to go for bad boys.

I grew up with the Potter phenomenon, and I was 11 (the leading trio's age) when I first heard of Hogwarts. The main characters and I grew up simultaneously.
And I supported Draco's alleged relationship with Hermione.
So, I was rather disappointed to read, in the finale, about a grown-up Mrs. Hermione Weasley:






Hermione Granger: top-notch student,
 feminist, avid reader, my soulmate


+     
         Ronald "Ron" Weasley: cowardly lion,                =  WTF?
class clown, Hermione's spouse?
Ron should marry Luna, or someone else with the same personality.

Yet the Bovary solution is open to Mrs. Hermione Weasley. Something tells us that the young witch should relish the writings of Gustave Flaubert, and take inspiration thereof:
Draco Malfoy. Former death-eater. =
Lethally blond.
Hermione Weasley, née Granger.  -
Reading Flaubert's Mme. Bovary.
Ronald "Ron" Weasley. +
LOVE AFFAIR À LA FLAUBERT = DRAMIONE AFTER ALL!
(Luckily, female adultery is nowadays not as negatively seen as it was during the Victorian era)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario