miércoles, 30 de octubre de 2013

TOMORROW EVENING

I will attend the Samhain celebrations in my favourite bookshop, whose staff are good friends of mine.
I intend to dress for the occasion as an undead fallen Prussian officer, with a bloodstained bullet hole on my left breast and blood around my lips.
Yesteryear I dressed, in a ninja balaclava, as "The Unknown". It was a rather simple disguise, based on the assumption that henchmen's faces are masked in fiction to convey both mystery and lack of humanity (see here at Faceless Goons for discussion and examples). The general facelessness of henchmen as well as the riddle: what does the mask conceal? A sinner or a saint? A beauty or a beast? Or all of them or neither?
For this year, I have designed a full Prussian officer's uniform, with coat, shirt, boots, breeches (white pirate trousers plus black leggings), and cavalry boots. The fake bullet hole is on a medal's ribbon, reflecting the paradox of military glory.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario