jueves, 28 de noviembre de 2013

ONE DAY, MOOR!

ONE DAY, MOOR!
A SHAKESPEAREAN PARODY OF A NUMBER FROM A CERTAIN MUSICAL ABOUT A FRENCH REVOLUTION
BY SANDRA DERMARK

Iago: One day, Moor!
Two days have passed of those you promised me...
I have 'till dusk to do as told to me!
That young lieutenant, way too fair,
bereft of life, will not be there!
One day, Moor!

Cassio + Bianca: I didn't know until today...
you were for me the one and only...
Tomorrow, we'll forget that cloth...
I don't want you to feel that lonely...

Desdemona: One day, maid, all on my own...
Emilia: She will not wake up again...
Desdemona: One day, maid, with him not caring...
Emilia: He's turned mad with love for you...
Desdemona: What a life we might have known...
Emilia: Yet I know you're really true...
Desdemona: But he'll never love again...

Iago: Just one day before the dusk...
Roderigo: Do I trust this noncom bloke?
Iago: Want to slay that young lieutenant?
Roderigo: Shall I find my sweetheart, then?
Iago: When he comes to Bianca's inn...
Roderigo: Do I stab him in the back?
Iago: Will you take your place with me?
Iago + Roderigo: The time; at dusk! We'll slay him here!

Othello: One more day to retribution,
we will nip hope's brittle bud!
She'll be stifled in her bed sheets,
he will drown in his own blood!

Cassio: I'll come to the inn...
Bianca: When the sun has set...
Cassio + Bianca: Never mind our argument and no regret!
Cassio: Here's a little beau...
Bianca: There's a little belle...
Cassio + Bianca: Neither one prepared for what they soon will tell!

Outpost Dwellers: One day to our liege's breakdown...
This last week was full of strife!
The alarm bell will soon ring!
The alarm bell will soon ring!
There's a madman in our guardhouse!
There is one who'll kill his wife!
Do you hear the outposts sing?

(Everyone sings their own part of the song, at unison)

Iago: Tomorrow I'll be far away,
tomorrow I'll have made my day!

Everyone: Tomorrow some will right here stay,
while others will sleep for eternity, for sure!
One Moor's dusk...
One Moor's night...
One day, Moor!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario