domingo, 14 de septiembre de 2014

RAINS OF CASTAMERE FILKS

I. The Snow Queen, Fourth Story (the Clever Princess and her fiancé):

"And who are you?", the young man said,
"...that I must bow so low?
Only a sharp mind in different clothes,
that's all the truth I know."
"In a satin gown or a worn doublet,
a bright mind's bright, of course.
And mine is bright and sharp, my Liege,
as bright and sharp as yours".

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
with his heart held in hand,
thus, now he dwells within her hall 
as leader of the land.
Yes, now he dwells within her hall
as ruler of the land.

II. Othello, Act II Scene III

"And why is that?", the young man said,
"...I must myself restrain?
Only a limit not to surpass,
which I won't hold in vain."
"In a coat with or without epaulets,
a man of arms should quaff,
and I will quaff, and quench my thirst,
and at that precept laugh!"

And so he drank, and so he drank,
that young lieutenant fair,
thus, now he's lost both rank and grace,
and not a hope is there.
Yes, now he's lost both both rank and grace,
and dark regret is there.

III. The downfall of Albrecht von Wallenstein

"And who are you?", the Kaiser said,
"that I should bow before?
Only a lordling in different clothes,
that's all your truth and lore.
In a breastplate hard or a soft doublet,
a blue-blood still has swords,
and mine are true and sharp, my lord,
like yours and other lords'."

And swords he sent, and swords he sent,
to that lord Wallenstein...
thus, now the rains weep o'er his hall,
where stars no longer shine.
Yes, now the rains weep o'er his hall,
where stars will no more shine.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario