jueves, 18 de diciembre de 2014

FORGET ME NOT: INTRODUCTION

The following feuilleton is a Vocaloid fic, centering on the Kagamines, and written in Spanish, my mother tongue. I was inspired by a forgotten Prussian Romantic fairytale writer, Gustav Heinrich Gans zu Putlitz, and his magnum opus Vergissmeinnicht or Forget-Me-Not, a five-chapter novella (well-known back in Victorian times) following in the footsteps of Andersen, but reaching beyond what the Swan of Odense had already done: Vergissmeinnicht hooked me for the psychological complexity of its leading characters, and the fairy POV employed by Putlitz.
I had actually enjoyed Vocaloid a lot before moving into Westeros fandom, but I still love Vocaloid, especially the Evillious Chronicles. I love the Kagamines. This was my first long, more than one chapter long fic, and it has received much acclaim. The story is set somewhere in the Protestant North of Europe (I leave it to you whether you prefer Sweden or Prussia) in the same nineteenth century when Putlitz and his beloved characters live.
I am also thinking of a version with Rhaegar and Lyanna in the lead roles (when you reach the end of the fic, you'll realise why I am thinking of it).
It is recommended for anyone who loves Romanticism, fairytales, military historical fiction, fairies of the cute and tiny kind (these are the POV characters/first-person narrators), the tales of Andersen and other nineteenth-century children's and YA literature (especially of the obscure, forgotten kind), Art Nouveau, Vocaloid, The Evillious Chronicles, and/or A Song of Ice and Fire.

I hope that you enjoy the story as much as you may have enjoyed my previous works!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario