domingo, 25 de enero de 2015

HEY, ISN'T THAT PICTURE...?

Víctor Ros, Episode 2, "El anillo Rosacruz" ("The Rosicrucian Ring").
Ministerio de la Guerra (Spanish Ministry of War), 1895.
On the wall of a general's office within the Ministry, this picture was on display:

If this picture hangs in an office within the SPANISH MINISTRY OF WAR,
it means Gustavus Adolphus is held by them in high esteem.

I instantly recognized the picture as Gustav II Adolfs död i slaget vid Lützen (The Death of Gustavus Adolphus at the Battle of Lützen), painted by Swedish officer/artist Carl Wahlbom in 1855.
Though this is most likely to be a replicate: the original can be seen at the Swedish National Museum in Stockholm.

1 comentario:

  1. Greetings Your Majesty,

    I hope you can see this; due to some creepy facebook error, I can see your messages but I can't send my message to you (all it says is the message cannot be sent). I have been somehow busy these days but do not consider this as negligence, I have visited your blog frequently. I apologise for this situation. You know how much I admire your works.

    Solemnly,
    Uttam Paudél

    ResponderEliminar