domingo, 1 de febrero de 2015

ACTA EST FABULA!

Another Pretty Cure season comes to a happy end, and the cast of Happiness Charge send their regards to the audience!
Red, Blue's twin brother, was planning to crash land Mars on Earth and commit suicide as he killed his bro and everyone else on Earth...
but, finally, both gods have reconciled like good twins always do. And Blue's sweetheart Mirage will stay with them as they restore the desolate reaches of the universe. Red himself has nothing against Mirage! (Anyone suggesting a threesome besides me?)



FanFan and the three generals were also reborn. And it has been revealed that the generals were muggles from the start, recruited into the service of the Empire. Namakelder was once and has been reborn as Namase, a businessman who was corrupted being unlucky in love (we never got to see Hosshiiwa's or Oresky's start of darkness, but I've got a headcanon for them). FanFan and YuuYuu have also strengthened their bonds:






Peace has returned to Earth, so down with the curtain and clap your hands!








I have only liked a detail of Happiness Charge Precure, and that are the International Cures. The fact that there were non-Asian Cures protecting European nations and battles happening in said European nations as well filled me with awe.
The rest of it seemed too clichéd, and there were things I disliked about Happiness Charge that were the opposite in DokiDoki, which I preferred (Flaws of Happiness Charge: a cool loser leader instead of a learned one? she hogs most of the spotlight, compared to her teammates? I prefer a clever heroine to a stupid one [I freaking prefer escapist characters and LOVE them], and an ensemble with no focus on a particular character to a leader-centric series, especially one where the leader is a ditz).


Next week, I shall doubtlessly ring in the new series, Go Princess Precure. It will be comparable to DokiDoki in that it will be subversive just like DokiDoki was subversive, so I'm having great expectations of Go Princess because of the following:

Noble Academy seen from above.
What do you think of such a setting for a magical girl warrior series?
So the cockatoo with the cravat and the crowned spaniel are brother and sister?
What? Is this no joke?
A Close-up of our general known as Close (yes, that's his name! No joke either!)
All I know so far of the monster-of-the-aesop making MO in Go Princess
is that it involves capturing muggles in purple cages.
Which makes me wonder... And then, what do you do with the victim?
The girl in question is the victim of Episode One:
Yui, the team token muggle and an aspiring illustrator.

Teal-haired class president Minami finding her power key.
A ruby-eyed and masked dark magical girl with pointy ears appears in the opening credits.
She is most likely to be pre-coat-turn Scarlet.
Her name is Twilight...



  • The setting: for once, the setting, Noble Academy, is a castle-like boarding school on an island, surrounded by lush gardens and pristine wilderness. I LOVE the idea of a hinterland setting as well as that of an upper-class setting. Believe me... such a backdrop...
  • The pets: this time, a (female) spaniel called Puff and a (male) cockatoo called Aroma who are siblings (NOT KIDDING!) A third pet, a cat called Madame Shamour, will also appear.
  • The generals of the evil empire: they will be referred to as the Three Musketeers and look like hard rockers (think of KISS), or at least one of them will, and they will answer to the names of Close, Shut, and Lock (does anyone sense a pattern)?
  • The monsters: made from human victims like I like them! When I find out about their MO next week, I'll post it in the review!
  • The heroines: more like those of DokiDoki, these three do look like teens rather than preteens. My favourite so far is Minami Kaido, the teal-haired mermaid- and ocean-themed Princess Cure, and the student body president. She looks so cool and clever! (Though she's not the de facto leader, I see that she is a born good leader) I hope that, like DokiDoki, this season centers equally on all of the Cures and not merely on one of them.
  • There will be a fourth one, Cure Scarlet (née Twilight), whom I expect to be a dark magical girl who will turn over to the bright side and become an aloof ally: combining my two favourite types of magical warrior. I freaking LOVE dark magical girls and aloof allies because they're cool, mysterious, mature, badass, smart, and, especially, cultured and/or learned.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario