sábado, 7 de febrero de 2015

I DREAMT OF SWORDS LAST NIGHT

If Brienne of Tarth should die in the end, I hope she meets a worthy end on the battlefield, having fought until the bitter end.
Thus, I dedicate to her and her Lannister half the following poem, translated by myself:


The Shieldmaiden
(I Dreamt of Swords Last Night)
by Karin Boye
translated from the Swedish by Sandra Dermark


I dreamt of swords last night.
I dreamt of battle last night.
I dreamt that I fought by your side,
armoured and strong, last night.

And lightning flashed hard in your hand,
and enemies fell at your feet.
Our closely-knit band sang and advanced,
the darkness would know defeat.

I dreamt of blood last night.
I dreamt of death last night.
I dreamt that I fell by your side,
fatally wounded, last night.

You didn't notice that I fell.
Your face did serious stay.
Your steady hand then held my shield,
and you kept onward, on your way.

I dreamt of fire last night.
I dreamt of roses last night.
I dreamt that my death was fair and was good:
thus did I dream last night.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario