jueves, 14 de mayo de 2015

WHAT'S FILK?

My third What's This filk, this one about filking itself (which makes it a metafilk):

What's this?
It's filk!
It's parodying songs!
Is filk
illegal, right, or wrong?
Tell me!
At least it's safe to write filk in these days, so
just check out my "Growing Strong!"
All right!

This filk
was great!
For I love House Tyrell!
The Reach!
And who could ever tell
at all
that "Be Prepared" could be performed by them
right before the Purple Wedding,
with all new lyrics for the fitting!
What a filk!

There's more!

With musical intelligence, and linguistic one too,
and passion for the song and 'verse, many filks you can do...
This is my third "What's This" one, for I just love the tune,
and, after this one, I hope I can do many more soon...

Oh look?
What's this?
On Thirty Years of War!
No filk
on this was done before!
And there's
a What's This recap of Shakespeare's Othello!
It was truly worth gold ore!
Gold ore!

You did
"the List"
and put it in a play!
So much
filk is there I can't say!
And why?
For the passion that you feel must be intense,
otherwise it would make no sense...
A Shakespeare Cell Block Tango! Great!
So now correct me if I'm wrong:
This looks like fun! This looks like fun!
Oh, could there be a stop to filks?
Hope not!

Oh look!
What now?
This is your latest song!
And hear:
it's not a second wrong!
Good Lord!
A metafilk on the act of filk composing,
such imposing, lovely parodies of songs inspired by other
'verses...
Can't breathe!

The reference to other filks, that signature of yours...
And dialogue with a reader or listener, of course!
In my head, I can hear this to the right tune in the air!
When will your next filk come to make us forget all our cares?

The tune! The feels!
They're everywhere and all
around!
I've never felt so good
before!
This empty place inside of me is filling up...
I simply cannot get enough...
I want it, oh, I want it,
oh, I want it for my own!
I wanna know, I wanna know who is the author I have found!
Such great filks!




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario