jueves, 9 de julio de 2015

THIS SUMMER'S PROGRAMME

For this summer, I am going to lay down, on hiatus, the updates on Septa Poppine (as I have previously explained). This weekend, I plan to finish the Fourth Tale and then this feuilleton will go on a summer-long hiatus until September this year. So I will do part of my ten thousand hours as passionately as when I wrote Days of Victories or most chapters of the Baratheon Saga.
However, there will be more Baratheon Saga, which hopefully may stretch as far as the Great War (during which arc a lot of things will change). Hopefully, this feuilleton may reach an ending that will leave no one indifferent.
There will also be a new feuilleton, the Jaimienne Duke of Norroway retelling Moonrise by Sunset, set in an alternate Westeros reminiscent of the Thirty Years' War era. Like The Queen Beyond the Wall, Moonrise by Sunset retells the story of a dynamic, self-reliant heroine on a quest for a dandy in distress: a theme that has fascinated me since childhood. The story of the Duke of Norroway has been one of my favourites since I read it for the first time at 7 or 8, for its subversion of traditional fairytale tropes, self-reliant heroine, and cathartic ending. I have previously retold it (crossed over with The Snow Queen) in Catalan with Benio and Shinobu: as The Apple, the Pear, and the Plum, the feuilleton I have published here for last Christmas. This story also fits my Westeros OTP as well as it can.
In Moonrise by Sunset, Brienne is adopted since infancy by the Starks, and she has grown up as an older sister to Sansa and Arya in an encampment environment. There are references to other folk tales and motifs as well (for instance, Maggy the Frog lives in a hut on frog legs...) as well as to the valonqar prophecy (which will prove key in the ending), novel-only characters not appearing in the TV series...
Another project I will put into making will be the fourth and last arc of The Ringstetten Saga, in which we will see a lot of subversive scenarios and a few changes (more than just the French Revolution that closed last arc). New characters, new adventures, and twists beyond the imagination of any avid reader.
Hopefully, I will also post reviews of Go Princess Precure episodes and of works of fiction I get to know. Including the Cattle Raid of Cooley, of which I will examine the queer and feminist themes! I will also explain how the Septa Poppine Saga connects with both Westeros canon and The Queen Beyond the Wall. And where every major Westeros AU I have made diverges from canon.

3 comentarios: