martes, 8 de septiembre de 2015

MY TSQ-IV CHAT WITH ASHE

Ashe and I, discussing:

The Snow Queen-Fourth Story-The Prince and the Princess


Sandra Dermark
I absolutely adore this part of the story, and the prince and princess in The Snow Queen are my favourite fairytale characters!!!
I love it all. The castle setting. The princess, my favourite fairytale character, because she is both kind and intelligent, and wants a spouse worthy of her, someone who admires her wit and not her wealth or beauty. And in the end, she finally meets her Waterloo! As an intellectual loner yearning for company, I have identified with her since childhood and still do at 23.
“Do you think the prince and princess ended up being happy together?” I think the answer is yes. Since both of them are kindred spirits (clever, kind, appreciate the finer things in life), and the Seventh Story states “the prince and princess. They had gone traveling.” possibly on honeymoon… It’s such a shame that both of them are secondary characters, for these should have been heroes of their own story. In fact, I have written fanfiction about them, and my longest fanwork is a play retelling the Snow Queen story as seen by the prince and princess (Fourth, Fifth, and Seventh Stories). Feel free to read it here:http://al261200.blogspot.com.es/2015/04/fourth-story-retold-and-uncut.html
  • on September 8, 2015 at 5:38 am | ReplySandra Dermark
    Oh, and I am kind as well as intelligent, and my type of a person is someone exactly like me but on the spear side. Hence why the princess in the Fourth Story of The Snow Queen is my favourite fairytale character, and her prince is my second favourite fairytale character.
  • I also think it’s great to have a female character want a male character more for his mental capacity rather than looks or wealth.
    You’re right, they could have made a very interesting story themselves.
SANDRA
Ashe, you said:
“I also think it’s great to have a female character want a male character more for his mental capacity rather than looks or wealth.
You’re right, they could have made a very interesting story themselves.”
Love the fact that you share my opinion!!!
Two questions more:
I) Who are your favourite fairytale characters, one male and one female? Mine are the prince and the princess in the Fourth Story, obviously, but yours?
II) Have you read my spin-off play, the one I linked to in the first comment?

ASHE
Honestly, I’ve never thought about who was my favorite. There are those I tend to lean towards. I like the fairy tales about women who go and rescue their men, The Polar Bear King, The Iron Stove, Whitebear Wittington, etc..
For the male characters, I always prefer the ones with a little more meat to them. Generally, the most appealing male fairy tale characters are the men who no one thinks can succeed and finally they do.
I have not read your play yet. I will comment about it, once I have. Thanks for sending me the link.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario