lunes, 30 de mayo de 2016

LONG TIME NO SEE!!!

Mahou Tsukai Precure: what happened so far?

EPISODE 16 - THREE VERY SPECIAL VISITORS (PLUS ONE)

Yes, those three in the background, from your left to your right, are June, Emily, and Kay.
Songs to listen to:
For June: Lady Marmalade (Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?)
For Emily: Alles klar, Herr Kommissar
For Kay: Un fiocco per sognare, un fiocco per cambiare


JUNE, KAY, AND EMILY ARE BACK!!!

(Pop that bottle of Moët we kept in stock for the ShutxTowa hookup that never happened at the end of the day! Now it's come in handy!!!).
Besides, a canon name for the bright-hair trio has been introduced: Supplementary Mates, or Hoshú Mates (meito) in Japanese... "Mate" sounds so Aussie that at least June must have taken to it like a duck to water :)



PLEASE, RIKO... CAN'T U TELL US HOW IT WAS!!??
RIKO: Easy, girls...

JUNE: GPS. I know, Global Positioning System. Done my research...

JUNE: I've got oodles of Muggleverse tour guides, in fact!
1) She's savvy
2) She's the rare kind of reading tomboy, like Rainbow Dash and like me.

It's the Supplementary Mates' first time at Tsunagi Mall. Emily is fraidy as usual, and Kay also appears a tad insecure, but June... that smug look of hers beats everyone else's. The square thing beneath her left arm is her shopping bag.

June meets Plasma. And she is amazed.

Kay is curious about the camera, peering into it.

EMILY: Kay, is that you?

EMILY (frightened by a close-up of Kay's right eye): AAAAAHHH!! (shudders).

Let's have a drink, or maybe two, or maybe three or four,
or maybe six, or seven, or eight, or nine, or even more!!
Kay, always so gauche... ;)

Kay having a look at the group photo all the girls took in the photobooth.


...nos hicimos unas fotos 
de cabina en tres minutos..., 
parecemos la cuadrilla de la muerte. 

Awwww, this bunny is soooo soft... Kay's found herself a new comforter... but she'll forget to buy the bunny... (typically Kay!)

June is drinking it all in at Tsunagi Mall. And she has only seen one third of it!

We also learned of June's future plans: once she has graduated from the Wizarding School, she would like to attend a muggle university. Because muggle culture interests her so much...
I'm almost there... (Tiana's song)

Having a snack of strawberry buns with François, who chaperones them in the Muggleverse. 
KAY: MMMM... Delicious!!! :9

FRANÇOIS: I always buy cloth in the Muggleverse. 
In fact, when I was your age, I was as excited as you are now... 
...when I was young, and I came to this world to study the art of tailoring...


Oh, and he's been there as well. In his youth, when François was as young as the girls he chaperones, he learned the crafts of needlework among muggles (on the Left Bank of the Seine, I presume), and there are many other mages who have done the same.

FRANÇOIS: The boy with the laptop is a mage, and so is the waitress. 
They have to conceal their powers in this world.
So there are even more mages in the Muggleverse in-story...
JUNE (elated): He-e-e-y!! Wait for me!!

Sadly enough, all good things must come to an end...

At last the sun sets, and the Supplementary Mates must return to their realm.

KAY: I didn't get the chance to buy that bunny...
JUNE: I still want to explore the Muggleverse some more...
EMILY: It's so sad that it had to end this early...
Yes, leave-takings are usually that mournful. I still remember Towa's return to the Hope Kingdom...

FRANÇOIS (ushering the Mates, flamboyant): I will take you all here again!!!
KAY, JUNE, EMILY (unison): Really!?


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Headmaster still relishes his favourite scones...

...like that muggle girl once gave him, back in the 50s...

On a certain windy day, clutching a bag of scones...


...she saw him save a tabby cat from a treetop.


It was love at first sight.

KANOKO: This kitten is not mine...

A young (adolescent, in her mid-teens) Kanoko Asahina (Mirai's granny) 
with the Headmaster of the Wizarding School, who saved her kitten and stole her heart.

KANOKO (mustering her courage): ...but still, thank you so much!! Here, some scones...

Kanoko gives the Headmaster treats, blushing and with her eyes shut.

Reminds me a lot of Lyanna and Rhaegar, aside from explaining why the Asahina matriarch believes so firmly in the supernatural.
Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you,
that is how I know you 
go on...



Far across the distance
and spaces between us,
you have come to show you 
go on...

Near, far, 
wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does 
go on...
Once more,
 you open the door,
and you're here in my heart,
and my heart will go on and on!
Love can touch us one time
and last for a lifetime,
and never let go till we
are one...

Love was when I loved you,
one true time I hold to...
In my life we'll always 
go on...

Near, far, 
wherever you are,
I believe that the heart does 
go on...
Once more,
 you open the door,
and you're here in my heart,
and my heart will go on and on!




You're here, 
there's nothing I fear,
and I know that my heart will 
go on...
We'll stay 
forever this way:
you are safe in my heart,
and my heart will go on and on!




Oh, and if the Headmaster (like elves or drakharin) ages at a far slower pace than us humans, and was still the same tall and dashing young man already in the 1950s... how old is he, in years, actually?

Nevertheless, he and Kanoko were already star-crossed lovers, living parallel lives and with far different lifespans. Letting her marry another muggle/human was the best thing he could do...
#KanokoxHeadmaster: a real thing, yet star-crossed...


We also get to know that Mirai's granny is an accomplished artist. Here's one of her wonderful paintings to feast your eyes on:
(PS. Kanoko painted this in springtime 2016)



Oh, and the Cures and Ha-chan defeated Spidra with Sapphire Smartish, so she became an arachnid, hinting at what Batty, Turtlets, and Gecko once were (reminds me of the Eye Trio in Sailor Moon Super S: Hawkeye, Tigerseye, and Fisheye... could you guess which animal species they were, before being turned into humanoids?). So maybe we get more promising, humanoid cadres in the second half of the series...

Oh, and Dokuroxy's got this sinister spellbook with the Scream mask on its cover... There is speculation among fans that it could be a Dark Smartbook...


So, soon we will return to the Magicverse once more! 
More June! (now that it's her month, she's truly worth it!)
More battles! More lush landscapes! More country-esque eaves! More people in bright colours!
More secrets to be revealed...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario